Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marker position shifts after making editing cuts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oyansa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Marker position shifts after making editing cuts Reply with quote

I'm doing long readings for librivox.org; and when i make a mistake, i mark in the re-do and and continue reading.
when i've completed the reading (approx 1 hour) i go back and edit out the error just before the marked in re-do.
here's my problem/question: if a mark is attributed to a time code, and i shorten the length of the recording by making cuts, are the marks shifting position? this seems to be the case. and is there a work around?
thanks.
The9th

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:01 pm    Post subject: Markers in sound tracks Reply with quote

I have a similar question, and that is, how do you, or can you, put separate markers in each of two tracks?

Here's the application: Importing LP audio, hitting a rough patch that hadn't been cleaned sufficiently (dirt as well as scratches).

So I re-clean the affected LP, in the affected part. I don't want to record the whole thing over again, just the part that was a mess. I know, it's only 20 minutes or so, but the minutes add up==especially when it's taking an hour or more to remove the clicks and pops.

So I record just that "clip" into the same file, as another track.

I want to position the 2nd clip at the clean start of the affected section (which in some cases is shorter, because the needle skipped) and paste it in.

So I want to mark the in points and out points in both tracks and drag them til they match.

(I also want to play both tracks so I can make sure I've got them matched, but I haven't figured out how to do that. And I've read the manual several times--if it's in there, then I'm just not getting it from reading--color me stupid, but I don't get why -5 decibels is silences. Every other "dial" in my general life goes from zero to +N something.

(There's the speedometer in my car, thermometers, even VU meters start with the needle at rest, and if the sound's too loud, you've generally "pegged the needle"--hit the little pin on the right of the dial that keeps the needle from wrapping around its axis.)
Sonic Purity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Markers in sound tracks Reply with quote

The9th wrote:
So I re-clean the affected LP, in the affected part. I don't want to record the whole thing over again, just the part that was a mess. I know, it's only 20 minutes or so, but the minutes add up==especially when it's taking an hour or more to remove the clicks and pops.

(This is the only part where my contribution might help.)
Apologies if you already know thisÖ what are you using to remove the clicks and pops? I can get an LP side done in a few minutes with ClickRepair. CR has been discussed in this forum in the past (thatís where i learned of it)Ö if you donít already know about it, check it out. It used to take me whole days in Amadeus II to do what CR now does in a few minutes (or, if i am listening to the repairs as i usually do, maybe an hour).

I still make good use of the Amadeus Repair Centre for occasional items CR misses or does not wholly remove, yet using CR for the bulk of click and pop removal saves me literally days of my life.
Gerard Bik

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:55 am    Post subject: Marker position shifts after making editing cuts Reply with quote

Quote:

(I also want to play both tracks so I can make sure I've got them matched, but I haven't figured out how to do that. And I've read the manual several times--if it's in there, then I'm just not getting it from reading

To play all tracks at once, use the playback controller or space bar (instead of double clicking the track). Is that what you mean?

If the gap does not match the insert, you might consider to use three tracks: First part - Insert - Last part. That way ou are free to move them about and flatten when they match up.

regards
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081
mrobot

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're on the subject of markers, I'll throw in the issue I'm having. I'm not sure if it's the same issue as oyansa.

I am trying to overlay two tracks. I have markers marking places in the first track. When I paste a 30-second clip onto the SECOND track, the markers all move forward 30 seconds. This would make sense if I was pasting onto the first track, but since it's overlapping the first track rather than shifting it forward, I don't see why the markers should shift!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: