Deleting soft echo on one track

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

vannuysd

Post by vannuysd »

I'm recording two tracks on Amadeus from Skype interviews that I do and sometimes I'm hearing an echo of my voice on the other track (i.e. not the one that has my voice but the one that has my interviewee's voice). Is there some sort of tool that would require the amplitude to be above a certain level to get through?

Thanks,

David

Jim Edgar

Post by Jim Edgar »

You can use the AU Dynamics Processor to create a Gate effect.

Set the lower threshold just above where that sound occurs and play with the curve.  You may find that it chops off the ends/starts of words from the main source VO. So, you might have to find a happy medium where it doesn't quite get all of it, but reduces it a bit. 

Did your interviewee have their speakers up? (or their headphones cranked?)  That's likely the only way that got recorded. 

- Jim
Jim Edgar

jimedgarvoices.com -  @jimedgarvoices

justaskjimvo.studio - @justaskjimvo

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 12:29 PM, vannuysd <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
I'm recording two tracks on Amadeus from Skype interviews that I do and sometimes I'm hearing an echo of my voice on the other track (i.e. not the one that has my voice but the one that has my interviewee's voice).  Is there some sort of tool that would require the amplitude to be above a certain level to get through?

Thanks,

David