Noise reduction

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

NK94

Noise reduction

Post by NK94 »

Hi all,

I'm quite a new user of Amadeus Pro and am currently working on digitising my tapes.
Of course I get some noise, which I'm trying to remove using Amadeus's Noise reduction feature.

However, unfortunately it doesn't sound quite the way I want it.
The reduction seems to work more as a noise gate, where the noise comes back when the signal enters a certain level.
So I'm just wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong and/or if someone has experienced the same issue?

Thanks in advance!

All the best,
Niklas

Ray Foret jr

Noise reduction

Post by Ray Foret jr »

I don’t trust Amadeus noise reduction to do the job. You might consider other plug-ins to do the job for you. RX would be a good set to use.
Sent from my Mac, The Only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in
Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray,Still a very happy Comcast XFinity Voice Guidance, Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone7+ and Apple TV user!

On Jun 22, 2017, at 10:44 AM, NK94 <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
Hi all,I'm quite a new user of Amadeus Pro and am currently working on digitising my tapes.Of course I get some noise, which I'm trying to remove using Amadeus's Noise reduction feature.However, unfortunately it doesn't sound quite the way I want it.The reduction seems to work more as a noise gate, where the noise comes back when the signal enters a certain level.So I'm just wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong and/or if someone has experienced the same issue?Thanks in advance!All the best,Niklas

philxm

Noise reduction

Post by philxm »

This might be better tackled through Equalization.

NK94 wrote:
Hi all,

I'm quite a new user of Amadeus Pro and am currently working on digitising my
tapes.
Of course I get some noise, which I'm trying to remove using Amadeus's Noise
reduction feature.

However, unfortunately it doesn't sound quite the way I want it.
The reduction seems to work more as a noise gate, where the noise comes back
when the signal enters a certain level.
So I'm just wondering if there is something I'm doing wrong and/or if someone
has experienced the same issue?

Thanks in advance!

All the best,
Niklas