Clicking within Whole Sound does not navigate

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

rpitcairn

Post by rpitcairn »

Here is what the manual says about using the top part of the window, that which shows the whole sound.
3.4.1 Sound overview and waveform
The top part of the window shows an overview of the whole sound document. This part is “optional”: you can show and hide it by clicking on the top left icon of the toolbar or by selection Show / Hide Whole Sound in the View menu. The overview is convenient for fast navigation within a document: click onto a location to navigate to it. Part of the overview is highlighted: this is the part of the sound that is shown in the main part of the window below
However, when I click in that window my cursor changes from an arrow to a little hand that "grasps" but nothing happens. The track does not move, the location for listening does not change. So basically it does not do what the manual says.
Any suggestions? Is there a setting I have to activate?

Thanks,
— Richard

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Silly question, but does the main part of the window already show the whole sound? In that case of course there would be nothing to move... Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

rpitcairn

Post by rpitcairn »

Martin,
Perhaps I misunderstand the manual. I am interpreting it to mean that I can click on that upper window and it will start playing from where I click it.
It makes no difference if the whole track is showing or only part of it, clicking on this top window track does not have any effect.

rpitcairn

Post by rpitcairn »

You are right. More testing I see that when the two lower tracks (stereo) are expanded, THEN it navigates to them when I click on the window above. Does not play a sound, which I expected but I see now what it does.