Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disappearing Sound Issues after using new Audio Hijack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
s13cybergal

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Disappearing Sound Issues after using new Audio Hijack Reply with quote

I'm on a late 2010 iMac with Sierra, the latest version of AP, Audio Hijack and CleanMyMac.

In Audio Hijack you can specify your sound editor and go to that editor while still in Audio Hijack. After I tried this I lost all sound on AP, but everything else worked fine. All settings appeared to be correct. I finally wrote to poor Martin, as I couldn't think of anything else to try.

I did throw AP in the trash and re-download, but that didn't clear the issue. Today I used the uninstall feature of CleanMyMac to totally wipe all traces of AP from my machine. (sometimes just putting an app in the trash leaves files behind that are the cause of an issue.)

Sound on AP is back as it should be.

Word to the wise: after using AP, trying to use the free editing apps out there will truly drive you nuts!
Jim Edgar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Disappearing Sound Issues after using new Audio Hijack Reply with quote

Did you check the Audio MIDI setup utility before wiping with CMM?
Jim Edgar

jimedgarvoices.com -  @jimedgarvoices

justaskjimvo.studio - @justaskjimvo

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 5:26 AM, s13cybergal <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
Quote:
I'm on a late 2010 iMac with Sierra, the latest version of AP, Audio Hijack and CleanMyMac.

In Audio Hijack you can specify your sound editor and go to that editor while still in Audio Hijack. After I tried this I lost all sound on AP, but everything else worked fine. All settings appeared to be correct. I finally wrote to poor Martin, as I couldn't think of anything else to try.

I did throw AP in the trash and re-download, but that didn't clear the issue. Today I used the uninstall feature of CleanMyMac to totally wipe all traces of AP from my machine. (sometimes just putting an app in the trash leaves files behind that are the cause of an issue.)

Word to the wise: after using AP, trying to use the free editing apps out there will truly drive you nuts!

Jim Edgar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Disappearing Sound Issues after using new Audio Hijack Reply with quote

Did you check the Audio MIDI setup utility before wiping with CMM?
Jim Edgar

jimedgarvoices.com -  @jimedgarvoices

justaskjimvo.studio - @justaskjimvo

On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 5:26 AM, s13cybergal <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Disappearing Sound Issues after using new Audio Hijack Reply with quote

Quote:

Just FYI, a free way of identifying and deleting all files related to a particular application is AppCleaner:

https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: