See's audio interface- but won't use it

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Corky

Post by Corky »

Weird. When I set preferences for audio input and output, Amadeus Pro sees my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 as the input and output. Yet it insists on playing back thru my Macbook speaker. (?)
My computer settings are for the Scarlett, just as the Amadeus settings are but the software won't play thru the interface.

Ray Foret jr

Post by Ray Foret jr »

IN Amadeus Pro, try going to preferences/audio tab and from there, selecting the output you want. You will note that this is a seperate setting from your primary Mac output.
Sent from my Mac, The Only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in
Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray,Still a very happy Comcast XFinity Voice Guidance, Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone7+ and Apple TV user!

On Jan 23, 2017, at 6:47 PM, Corky <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
Weird. When I set preferences for audio input and output, Amadeus Pro sees my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 as the input and output. Yet it insists on playing back thru my Macbook speaker. (?)My computer settings are for the Scarlett, just as the Amadeus settings are but the software won't play thru the interface.

Corky

Post by Corky »

Thanks Ray but that's what I had already done. I've selected the proper interface in both my Mac settings AND in Amadeus but it just won't play thru the interface. I have other software (Logic Pro, Audacity, WavLab, etc) and they all see the interface and work fine.
[/img]

Jim Edgar

Post by Jim Edgar »

It might help to know what version of the OSX version and which AP version you are running.  

There was an update to the Focusrite drivers a while back, but you'd probably see the effect elsewhere. 

The only other way I've had that occur was when I was demo'ing back and forth between DAW environments - i.e. having them all open at the same time and jumping back and forth.  That fixed with a restart.  I'm sure you've tried restarting with the 2i2 plugged in, making sure nothing else is running and then starting AP.

Jim Edgar

jimedgarvoices.com -  @jimedgarvoices

justaskjimvo.studio - @justaskjimvo