Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound file increase over time

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
steadyedie



Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Sound file increase over time Reply with quote

Hi,
I've checked the manual and looked through the forum but can't find what I'm looking for.
I have a sound file about 6 seconds long and after 1 second I want to amplify the sound by 10db over the rest of the duration of the file as an increase from that point to the end of the file.
So lets say the sound is 10db at the start I want to gradually increase it after one second up to 20db over the remainder of the file.
Can it be done and how?
Thank you in anticipation.
Neil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Garth Humphreys
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Sound file increase over time Reply with quote

Just select the section you wish to amplify, and use the amplify option found under effects. Make sure you consider the fade length as well and set these options in the dialog box.

Sent from my iPhone

On 9 Nov 2016, at 3:06 am, steadyedie <forum2mail@hairersoft.com> wrote:

Hi,
I've checked the manual and looked through the forum but can't find what I'm looking for.
I have a sound file about 6 seconds long and after 1 second I want to amplify the sound by 10db over the rest of the duration of the file as an increase from that point to the end of the file.
So lets say the sound is 10db at the start I want to gradually increase it after one second up to 20db over the remainder of the file.
Can it be done and how?
Thank you in anticipation.
Neil.
Back to top
steadyedie



Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Sound file increase over time Reply with quote

Garth Humphreys wrote:
Just select the section you wish to amplify, and use the amplify option found under effects. Make sure you consider the fade length as well and set these options in the dialog box.

Hi Garth,
I've tried that and all it does is to fade it down to nothing or fade it up from nothing.
I'll have another go just incase I've missed something.
Regards,
Neil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadyedie



Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried it again and all it does is fade it up and down again or starts of high and fades down.
What I'm trying to do is over 6 seconds increase the volume up by 10db
Sounds easy but I can't find it.
Neil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CDJonah_alt



Joined: 15 Mar 2007
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:50 pm    Post subject: Sound file increase over time Reply with quote

Assuming functions are the same in 2 as in AP 1

The simplest method is to use the fading--ramp function.
  1. Convert to 24 bits (probably not necessary but why not for manipulations
  2. Amplify the signal so that the end value is what you want
  3. use ramp function, putting in the reverse of the amplification factor at the start and 100% at the end
  4. Done

This is possibly over-complicated but should work  and gives you more freedom.
  1. Convert the sound to 24 bits.
  2. amplify so that the output at the end is what you want
  3. Use the envelope command to do what you want
  4. Apply envelope command
  5. done
Chuck

On 11/8/16 3:07 PM, steadyedie wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

Garth Humphreys wrote:
Quote:
Just select the section you wish to amplify, and use the amplify option found under effects. Make sure you consider the fade length as well and set these options in the dialog box.

Hi Garth,
I've tried that and all it does is to fade it down to nothing or fade it up from nothing.
I'll have another go just incase I've missed something.
Regards,
Neil.




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadyedie



Joined: 08 Nov 2016
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Chuck,
That is just what I wanted, very pleased and thank you for your help.
Neil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group