found stereo imageing plug in which I have been looking for

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Ray Foret jr

Post by Ray Foret jr »

In the interest of full disclosure, I have been drifting towards Sound Forge Pro for Mac for a few months now, but, had never been quite willing to leave Amadeus Pro. Good thing too: and here’s why.

1. OF late, I have had numorous crashes with Sound Forge Pro for Mac and also, my GPU is being pushed rather hard when ever I try to record using it.

2. Thanks to Harvy, (whom I would like to profusely thank for his help yesterday, I got access to plugins and controls I simply do not have access to using Sound Forge Pro for Mac. I have a suspicion that I’m going to be able to go a lot farther now with Amadeus Pro then I ever will with Sound Forge Pro for Mac.

3. Now, the real reason I am posting this. For months now, I have been in search of a good mid-side processor which would let me control the volume of the phantom center channel WITH OUT shrinking down the original stereo image and leave it intact. I have found one!!! It’s called “stereo Imaging� and it’s by A.O.M. you can get it on a one-year license for $17.00, or a life-time license for $69.00. There is a demo version which will let you play with it and see if you like it or not. The controls are all completely accessible with Apple Voice Over. This firm makes a whole sweet of plugins which you can grab for a license of $99.00. So, having said all that, here’s where to go to find it:

http://aom-factory.jp/products/stereo-imager-d/

I was playing with it quite extencivly last night and I can tell you that it is going to be worth the money I’m going to pay for it. There are other mid-side processors out there: but, they tend to extract the phantom center channel out of a stereo signal by squeezing together the -L+-R difference component of a stereo image in to a sum +l++r signal so you lose the true stereo image that way. A.O.M. stereo iomaging totally DOES, NOT, DESTROY the stereo image when it manipulates the phantom center. They even offer a sound cloud demo which you can here to see what you are about to get in to.

I seem to recall that there was another person on here looking for somewhat if not exactly the same thing. Well, HTH.

Sent from my Mac, The only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in

Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray
Still a very happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!!!!!

JEGG

Post by JEGG »

Hi-
There is a free Voxengo plugin called MSED which will do the things you need it to do, which sounds like control of mid and sides in an already existing file.

You can mute or otherwise control the center element independently of sides.

Of course, it offers the full function of an MS encoder/decoder as well.

It lacks of the graphic display of the product you've cited, but there are plenty of free ones (correlation displays) to do that.

I don't know how that would fit into your particular work flow, but I mention it as it may be of help for you or others.

Best wishes.

Ray Foret jr

Post by Ray Foret jr »

Actually, MSED will not do what I need to do. AOM Stereo Imager is exactly right for what I need and it works so well I’m going to upgrade to a life time license.

Sent from my Mac, The only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in

On Oct 25, 2016, at 2:20 PM, JEGG <forum2mail@hairersoft.com> wrote:

Hi-
There is a free Voxengo plugin called MSED which will do the things you need it to do, which sounds like control of mid and sides in an already existing file.

You can mute or otherwise control the center element independently of sides.

Of course, it offers the full function of an MS encoder/decoder as well.

It lacks of the graphic display of the product you've cited, but there are plenty of free ones (correlation displays) to do that.

I don't know how that would fit into your particular work flow, but I mention it as it may be of help for you or others.

Best wishes.

JEGG

Re: found stereo imageing plug in which I have been looking

Post by JEGG »

Ray Foret jr wrote:Actually, MSED will not do what I need to do. AOM Stereo Imager is exactly right for what I need and it works so well I’m going to upgrade to a life time license.
Hi Ray-exactly what won't it do that you need?

I don't ask to challenge you, rather for my own edification.
Thanks!

Ray Foret jr

Post by Ray Foret jr »

Fair enough. Perhaps my original explanation was not quite clear enough. Here’s what I was after. I was after the ability to remove or otherwise change the level of the mid channel, (that is the +l++R sum total channel) the stuff en the center of a stereo field while keeping the side channel (the -L+-R difference component) in true stereo. In other words, I wanted to be able to take out the sum total mid channel, (+l++r) and keep the side channel which contains the left channel and right channel in stereo. The plugin you suggested does not really do this because when you remove the center or mid channel, the side channel gets squeezed in to an out of faze sounding -L+-R component and the true stereo effect calapses. Now, with the AOM plug in, I can in fact do exactly what it is I wanted to do with a stereo sound.
For a rather playful example of what can be done with this plug in, Have a listen to this.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/evi3enrenvw5y ... e.wav?dl=0

What you will notice is that the song begins normally, but, about half way in to the first stanza, I drop off the mid channel and push up the side channel all the way. Note how the true stereo image remains in the sound. The MEDs plug in cannot do this.

On Oct 26, 2016, at 1:28 PM, JEGG <forum2mail@hairersoft.com> wrote:

Ray Foret jr wrote:
Actually, MSED will not do what I need to do. AOM Stereo Imager is exactly right for what I need and it works so well I’m going to upgrade to a life time license.

Hi Ray-exactly what won't it do that you need?

I don't ask to challenge you, rather for my own edification.
Thanks!