feature request if possible

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Ray Foret jr

Post by Ray Foret jr »

I wonder if it is at all possible that a six band paragraphic equalizer might be added to Amadeus Pro. I have one as part of the RX II plug in sweet and wondered if it might be possible to give us access to that six band paragraphic equalizer or code one for us. I know Apple has a paragraphic equalizer as part of its plug ins: however, Apple’s paragraphic equalizer is not accessible for Voice Over. Thanks.

Sent from my Mac, The only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in

Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray
Still a very happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!!!!!

Garth Humphreys

Post by Garth Humphreys »

Hi Ray

I haven’t seen a paragraphic EQ in the Apple Audio Units surfaced by AP. Firstly can you tell me where it is? This aside, Apple's Parametric EQ is fully accessible with VO. You could add as many copies of this as you like to a Rack preset and have as many bands as you want. Not as elegant as having it contained in one audio unit but it should work just fine and be basically the same as a paragraphic EQ. Of course, make sure that under advanced options in settings, you have the “Use generic interface for Audio Units� ticked so the AU are accessible.

Apologies if I’ve misunderstood what a paragraphic EQ does as I’ve not used one but I believe it is like a standard graphic EQ but instead of just adjusting the gain for each band, you can also adjust the width or Q. Basically a series of Parametric EQs.

Regards,

Garth Humphreys

Web: http://www.iblindtech.com
Podcast Feed: http://www.iblindtech.com/democast/rss.xml
Twitter; www.twitter.com/iBlindTech

On 25 Aug 2016, at 12:51 AM, Ray Foret jr <rforet7706@comcast.net> wrote:

I wonder if it is at all possible that a six band paragraphic equalizer might be added to Amadeus Pro. I have one as part of the RX II plug in sweet and wondered if it might be possible to give us access to that six band paragraphic equalizer or code one for us. I know Apple has a paragraphic equalizer as part of its plug ins: however, Apple’s paragraphic equalizer is not accessible for Voice Over. Thanks.

Sent from my Mac, The only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in

Ray Foret jr

Post by Ray Foret jr »

Where I was wrong was in stating that Apple’s paragraphic equalizer was not accessible. Apple does not feature a paragraphic equalizer at all. Thanks.

On Aug 25, 2016, at 6:36 PM, Garth Humphreys <ghum01@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Ray

I haven’t seen a paragraphic EQ in the Apple Audio Units surfaced by AP. Firstly can you tell me where it is? This aside, Apple's Parametric EQ is fully accessible with VO. You could add as many copies of this as you like to a Rack preset and have as many bands as you want. Not as elegant as having it contained in one audio unit but it should work just fine and be basically the same as a paragraphic EQ. Of course, make sure that under advanced options in settings, you have the “Use generic interface for Audio Units� ticked so the AU are accessible.

Apologies if I’ve misunderstood what a paragraphic EQ does as I’ve not used one but I believe it is like a standard graphic EQ but instead of just adjusting the gain for each band, you can also adjust the width or Q. Basically a series of Parametric EQs.

Regards,

Garth Humphreys

Ray Foret jr

Post by Ray Foret jr »

Wel, Garth, thanks for your suggestion. Works well enough that if I set up a number of presets and assign each to deal with a different frequency as I need to, I can perhaps get by if I had to. Just curious. What did you mean by having as many of these stacked up as I need? It appears that this parametric equalizer should work okay if I still have the issue I seem to have had where Sound Forge Pro keeps crashing on me. Again, thanks.

On Aug 26, 2016, at 6:25 AM, Ray Foret jr <rforet7706@comcast.net> wrote:

Where I was wrong was in stating that Apple’s paragraphic equalizer was not accessible. Apple does not feature a paragraphic equalizer at all. Thanks.

Hi Ray

Regards,

Garth Humphreys

Garth Humphreys

HI Ray

Basically, all I meant was that you could setup as many presets as you like, as you suggested, one for each band, rather than having six, more or less as required. However, rather than setting up a bunch of presets in the actual parametric EQ, I’d set them all up in a single preset of the Audio Units Rack, so you could load or apply all the bands at once. Just add the parametric EQ multiple times to the rack and save this out as your paragraphic preset. Obviously, it’s still more hassle to go into each band and adjust it within the rack than if there was a single paragraphic EQ UI, but still a viable workaround.
On 26 Aug 2016, at 9:45 PM, Ray Foret jr <rforet7706@comcast.net> wrote:

Wel, Garth, thanks for your suggestion. Works well enough that if I set up a number of presets and assign each to deal with a different frequency as I need to, I can perhaps get by if I had to. Just curious. What did you mean by having as many of these stacked up as I need? It appears that this parametric equalizer should work okay if I still have the issue I seem to have had where Sound Forge Pro keeps crashing on me. Again, thanks.

Hi Ray

Regards,

Garth Humphreys

Ray Foret jr

Post by Ray Foret jr »

Not familuar with the rack at all but will give it a look.

On Aug 26, 2016, at 5:13 PM, Garth Humphreys <ghum01@gmail.com> wrote:

HI Ray

Basically, all I meant was that you could setup as many presets as you like, as you suggested, one for each band, rather than having six, more or less as required. However, rather than setting up a bunch of presets in the actual parametric EQ, I’d set them all up in a single preset of the Audio Units Rack, so you could load or apply all the bands at once. Just add the parametric EQ multiple times to the rack and save this out as your paragraphic preset. Obviously, it’s still more hassle to go into each band and adjust it within the rack than if there was a single paragraphic EQ UI, but still a viable workaround.
On 26 Aug 2016, at 9:45 PM, Ray Foret jr <rforet7706@comcast.net> wrote:

Garth Humphreys

I think you'll like it then. You can set up nice chains of audio units and save them as a preset. For example, when processing a voice track, I will almost always apply a high and low pass filter plus some light compression. So I have a preset in the audio units rack set up to do this all in the one step

Sent from my iPhone

On 27 Aug. 2016, at 12:44 pm, Ray Foret jr <rforet7706@comcast.net (rforet7706@comcast.net)> wrote:

Not familuar with the rack at all but will give it a look.

On Aug 26, 2016, at 5:13 PM, Garth Humphreys <ghum01@gmail.com (ghum01@gmail.com)> wrote:

HI Ray

On 26 Aug 2016, at 9:45 PM, Ray Foret jr <rforet7706@comcast.net (rforet7706@comcast.net)> wrote:
On Aug 26, 2016, at 6:25 AM, Ray Foret jr <rforet7706@comcast.net (rforet7706@comcast.net)> wrote:

Ray Foret jr

Post by Ray Foret jr »

Thanks Garth. So, would I be right in guessing then that if I wanted three instences of the Izotope click and pop supression, I would have first to make sure that no other effects were selected on the table on the right, then adjust each instance as I wished to have it then save this as a preset for treating vynal records?
Thanks.

Sent from my Mac, The only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-inSincerely, The Constantly Barefooted RayStill a very happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!!!!!
On Aug 26, 2016, at 10:56 PM, Garth Humphreys <ghum01@gmail.com (ghum01@gmail.com)> wrote:
I think you'll like it then. You can set up nice chains of audio units and save them as a preset. For example, when processing a voice track, I will almost always apply a high and low pass filter plus some light compression. So I have a preset in the audio units rack set up to do this all in the one step
Sent from my iPhone
On 27 Aug. 2016, at 12:44 pm, Ray Foret jr <rforet7706@comcast.net (rforet7706@comcast.net)> wrote:
Not familuar with the rack at all but will give it a look.Sent from my Mac, The only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-inSincerely, The Constantly Barefooted RayStill a very happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!!!!!
On Aug 26, 2016, at 5:13 PM, Garth Humphreys <ghum01@gmail.com (ghum01@gmail.com)> wrote:HI Ray Basically, all I meant was that you could setup as many presets as you like, as you suggested, one for each band, rather than having six, more or less as required. However, rather than setting up a bunch of presets in the actual parametric EQ, I’d set them all up in a single preset of the Audio Units Rack, so you could load or apply all the bands at once. Just add the parametric EQ multiple times to the rack and save this out as your paragraphic preset. Obviously, it’s still more hassle to go into each band and adjust it within the rack than if there was a single paragraphic EQ UI, but still a viable workaround.
On 26 Aug 2016, at 9:45 PM, Ray Foret jr <rforet7706@comcast.net (rforet7706@comcast.net)> wrote:

[/quote]

Garth Humphreys

Absolutely. remove any unwanted effects from the right hand table and add whatever you want, in whatever order you want, then save. As I understand it, the effects are actioned in the order they are listed, so keep this in mind when creating your effects chain.
It would be good if there was a way of removing all the plugins in one go to start with a blank slate, but if there is, I don’t know it. Not that I’ve explored this.
Garth Humphreys

On 27 Aug 2016, at 9:15 PM, Ray Foret jr <rforet7706@comcast.net (rforet7706@comcast.net)> wrote:
Thanks Garth. So, would I be right in guessing then that if I wanted three instences of the Izotope click and pop supression, I would have first to make sure that no other effects were selected on the table on the right, then adjust each instance as I wished to have it then save this as a preset for treating vynal records?
Thanks.

Sent from my Mac, The only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-inSincerely, The Constantly Barefooted RayStill a very happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!!!!!
On Aug 26, 2016, at 10:56 PM, Garth Humphreys <ghum01@gmail.com (ghum01@gmail.com)> wrote:
Sent from my iPhone
Not familuar with the rack at all but will give it a look.Sent from my Mac, The only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-inSincerely, The Constantly Barefooted RayStill a very happy Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!!!!!
On Aug 26, 2016, at 5:13 PM, Garth Humphreys <ghum01@gmail.com (ghum01@gmail.com)> wrote:HI Ray Basically, all I meant was that you could setup as many presets as you like, as you suggested, one for each band, rather than having six, more or less as required. However, rather than setting up a bunch of presets in the actual parametric EQ, I’d set them all up in a single preset of the Audio Units Rack, so you could load or apply all the bands at once. Just add the parametric EQ multiple times to the rack and save this out as your paragraphic preset. Obviously, it’s still more hassle to go into each band and adjust it within the rack than if there was a single paragraphic EQ UI, but still a viable workaround.

[/quote]