Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

recording from Soundcard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
deepdown

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: recording from Soundcard Reply with quote

The only recording Input I'm getting is through the Microphone option how do I get to record through the iMac?

thanks
Deep
Jim Edgar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: recording from Soundcard Reply with quote

If you mean you are only seeing the system internal microphone, then it depends how your external microphone is attached. Most iMacs models do not have an audio input jack.  Current best practice for recording is to use a quality A/D (Analog to Digital) converter which connects via the USB port and amplifies & converts the signal of a standard, XLR-connected microphone.  There are also "USB mics" which have both the microphone hardware circuitry and the A/D done in one device. 

When either of those are attached, they should show up in the OSX System Preferenes -> Sound panel, as well as through AP.

Examples of each:
A/D - Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
XLR connected microphone - Rode NT1A

USB connected microphone - Rose NT-USB
Jim Edgar

jimedgarvoices.com -  @jimedgarvoices

justaskjimvo.studio - @justaskjimvo

On Sun, Jul 31, 2016 at 8:56 AM, deepdown <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
Quote:
The only recording Input I'm getting is through the Microphone option how do I get to record through the iMac?

thanks
Deep

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: