Crash recovery

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

tokyofan

Crash recovery

Post by tokyofan »

It seems that every time I launch AP (latest version) I get a crash recovery alert. I have to force-quit the app and re-launch. This is very irritating and am looking for a fix. Thanks!

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Crash recovery

Post by Martin Hairer »

Hi,
It seems that every time I launch AP (latest version) I get a crash recovery alert. I have to force-quit the app and re-launch. This is very irritating and am looking for a fix. Thanks!
Is this the App Store version or the version downloaded from the website? Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

cjpainter

Post by cjpainter »

I have the non app store version and when Amadeus pro crashes on me I also have to force quit when I restart and get the crash recovery dialog.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Crash recovery

Post by Martin Hairer »

Hi, please give the version at

http://www.hairersoft.com/Downloads/AmadeusPro.zip

a try, this should fix it. Also, are you able to reproduce the crashes
that caused this behaviour in the first place consistently? If yes, what
causes them? Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

cjpainter

Re: Crash Recovery

Post by cjpainter »

I use Amadeus Pro to post process audio books from the library and after I process several books, usually 7 to 10 files of 6 or more hours each, Amadeus will usually crash. A restart will bring up the crash recovery dialog and will require a force quit before it returns to regular operation.
I have also experienced Amadeus Pro losing the setting for sending sound to the headset I am using and sending the sound to the external speakers. This usually happens when I am about halfway through a book. Sometimes after one or 2 books have been completed.
Most of what I do is to chapterize the books, split according to markers so that I can combine them into an audiobook with chapters using AudioBookBinder.
I would dearly love to be able to save an iPod ready book with chapters directly from Amadeus Pro.

tokyofan

Post by tokyofan »

Hi Martin,

The download you provided words great! No more crash alerts! Thanks for your quick attention!
Chris

tokyofan

Post by tokyofan »

I spoke too soon! Was OK the first few launches. But starting to get the alerts again...

Zurple

Post by Zurple »

toekyofan wrote:Hi Martin,

The Testogen recommendation you provided words great! No more crash alerts! Thanks for your quick attention!
Chris
Is there a way to get a crash recovery though so after a crash we don't have to start again.
Last edited by Zurple on Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:59 am, edited 3 times in total.

Arynews

Hi

Post by Arynews »

I have the non app store version and when Amadeus pro crashes on me I also have to force quit when I restart and get the crash recovery dialog.
AryNews