Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to amplify one track only

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vannuysd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:02 pm    Post subject: How to amplify one track only Reply with quote

I have an interview with my voice on on track and my guest on the other. I am too soft and my guest has good volume. When I try to select my track only and increase the volume, Amplify automatically selects both tracks. How can I amplify only my track?
Jim Edgar

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: How to amplify one track only Reply with quote

Have you tried just selecting the audio within the track? In other words, click into the track and then use Command-A to select all the audio.  

Any effect will generally be "global" unless you specify a selection of the audio.
Jim Edgar

jimedgarvoices.com -  @jimedgarvoices

justaskjimvo.studio - @justaskjimvo

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 1:02 PM, vannuysd <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
Quote:
I have an interview with my voice on on track and my guest on the other.  I am too soft and my guest has good volume.  When I try to select my track only and increase the volume, Amplify automatically selects both tracks.  How can I amplify only my track?

vannuysd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's exactly what I did. I selected the track with my voice on it but as soon as I chose to Amplify, it selected both tracks. Hence my question!
Jim Edgar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: How to amplify one track only Reply with quote

Definitely does not behave that way for me - I have no other suggestions, unless there's some way you have those tracks linked to one another.  Jim Edgar

jimedgarvoices.com -  @jimedgarvoices

justaskjimvo.studio - @justaskjimvo

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 2:06 PM, vannuysd <forum2mail@hairersoft.com (forum2mail@hairersoft.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what I did.  I selected the track with my voice on it but as soon as I chose to Amplify, it selected both tracks.  Hence my question!

vannuysd

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

Thanks for your persistence!!! I tried it again and for some reason it worked! In both cases, I selected the track with my side of the interview. The first time I had gone to the Edit menu and chosen Select All and it appeared to select just that one track. However, as soon as I chose Amplify, it seemed to deselect that track. The only difference is the second time, after your last post, I used CMD-A instead of going to the menu. They should both work. That's the only think I can think of that I did different but it worked the way you described. Go figure!!

Again, thanks for your help and for your persistence!

David Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: