mid/side channel processing desired

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Ray Foret Jr

Post by Ray Foret Jr »

For my part, I would love to see the addition of mid/side channel processing added to Amadeus Pro. Such a process could allow manipulation of the mid and side channels so that one could remove the content of the middle part of a stereo field but leave the sides completely alone, thus preserving the left/right stereo image. I have yet to find a plug/in that is Voice Over accessible and which will do this. Any thoughts?
Sent from my Mac, The Only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in
Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray,Still a very happy Comcast XFinity Voice Guidance, Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!

Dan Eickmeier

Post by Dan Eickmeier »

Agreed, Ray, this would be a good feature to have.
On Jan 30, 2016, at 12:52 PM, Ray Foret Jr <rforet7706@comcast.net (rforet7706@comcast.net)> wrote:
For my part, I would love to see the addition of mid/side channel processing added to Amadeus Pro. Such a process could allow manipulation of the mid and side channels so that one could remove the content of the middle part of a stereo field but leave the sides completely alone, thus preserving the left/right stereo image. I have yet to find a plug/in that is Voice Over accessible and which will do this. Any thoughts?
Sent from my Mac, The Only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in
Sincerely, The Constantly Barefooted Ray,Still a very happy Comcast XFinity Voice Guidance, Mac, Verizon Wireless iPhone6+ and Apple TV user!

_______________________________________________Amadeus forum mailing listUnsubscribe / change settings at http://two.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/forum_list

JEGG

Mid Side

Post by JEGG »

Download the free plugin MSED from Voxengo.

This plugin allows decoding, encoding, and inline function, and you can mute center or side content.

Since this is a sum and difference operation, the scenario is different for sources that are simply panned right or left vs sources in a stereo image.

However, I don't know if this works with Voice Over. Let us know. Thanks.