Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to change tempo more accurately?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mardaw36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: How to change tempo more accurately? Reply with quote

Hello

I need to change the tempo exactly to 106,667% to have the song's BPM changed from 75,000 to 80,000 (not f.e. 80,029). But Amadeus makes the approximation of to 106,7% Sad

Is there any option to change the accuracy of that number? If so - how?

I will be grateful for help.

Regards
Dawid
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject: How to change tempo more accurately? Reply with quote

Dear Dawid,

Quote:
Is there any option to change the accuracy of that number? If so - how?

I am afraid that there is no way of improving the accuracy of that number, but I do not think that it would make too much sense anyway given the small tempo fluctuations introduced by the algorithm anyway. After all, we’re talking a difference of 0.03% here, which would be a difference of one second out of a one hour recording… Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

mardaw36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Martin

Thanks for reply.

Actually, from my experience, I know it makes huge difference when you are creating a crossfade between 2 tracks which lasts longer than one minute. If you had done it with 130-140 trance tracks with bright beat, it would have been even worse.
Little disappointed, great intuitive program indeed, but this problem was the last obstacle for me to buy the full version. If the developers thought about it for the future and added more digits when some actualizations are on the way, I would be a next customer. Wink

Regards
Dawid
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:01 pm    Post subject: How to change tempo more accurately? Reply with quote

Hi, I just had a look at that function again and there’s a simple trick to get around that limitation: just compute the right length for the resulting track and enter that in the “resulting length” field. There, you have millisecond accuracy… Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

mardaw36

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Martin

Yes, I've tried this method before too. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as we would thought.
Tried with this slow track we've talked - the same problem.
Tried again with another song: from 130,000 BPM to 136,000. So, from the calculations i need to set up exactly 104,615%. Saved as mp3, checked with 2 different BPM detectors - Virtual DJ app and Pioneer CDJ player. They both detect 135,98 BPM (which is exactly 104,6% change - approximation).

Nevertheless, I will keep an eye on this app, and thanks for your time. Smile

Regards
Dawid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: