Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intermittent pops/crackles/recording issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toasterman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Intermittent pops/crackles/recording issues Reply with quote

I've been having this issue for a while and I *think* I've pinned it down to Amadeus Pro (but further testing continues).
Most of the time, it records fine, but sometimes I get pops/crackles/dropouts or other such garbled blocks of audio. Usually for just a second (2-3 at the most).

My recording setup is typically:
Two Samson C01 condenser microphones connected to a Behringer Xenyx 802. The output from that goes to a Behringer UCA222 device, which connects via USB to a Macbook Air (OS X 10.9.5, 4gb ram, SSD drive, with nothing else running but Amadeus Pro 2.1.7 (1576)).

For a while I've been recording to both the MBA and an old minidisc recorder, and the sound issue wasn't found on the minidisc version (so presumably it isn't the mixer). Then I eliminated the microphones and just plugged my iPhone into the input of the UCA222, and recorded back music (that I also listened to with headphones off the UCA222 to check if there were any jumps/clicks in the original version).

The first test was about 80mins, recorded (iPhone->uca222->MacbookAir), but recording on Audacity. No problems spotted.
Second test was going to be in Garageband, but I can't get it to recognise the USB input device properly at all. Shows up as if it's working, but only records silence.
Then I did a test on AmadeusPro, and there's 5 audible jumps in the first 90mins (although one could have been me knocking a cable).

The UCA222 has no drivers for Mac. Behringer's site says "For OS X no drivers required" as it is apparently supported natively on the Mac, so there don't seem to be any updated drivers to try.

Any ideas of anything I can try? I'd rather not have to record in Audacity and convert everything to Amadeus format first, and Audacity must be the clunkiest editor ever made.
Maybe what I need is a very simple audio recorder that records to some other format that I can then use Amadeus to edit, afterwards?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: