Why no "open recent" menu working?

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

rpitcairn

Post by rpitcairn »

I have AP version 1.23 on a Mac powerbook Pro running OS 10.6.8. I notice that the "open recent" menu NEVER shows any files that have bee opened. Is there something I have to do to activate it?

Thanks,
Richard

Ron Woodley

Post by Ron Woodley »

I've just joined the list to see whether anyone else has had this problem, and I see this post from 18 months ago, which doesn't seem to have had any replies at all. When I first started using AP many years ago, the Open Recent menu always worked fine, but I've noticed for some time that the menu is just greyed out, and never remembers any recent files at all. Like the previous poster, I can't see any way of remedying this: surely either everyone is in the same boat, or else someone can explain how to fix this?

Thanks: AP is a brilliant application, but this is a frustrating little glitch.
Professor Ronald Woodley
Birmingham Conservatoire
Birmingham City University
UK

dinojrx

Post by dinojrx »

Hi Richard,

Yes. In system preferences you can define the number of remembered objects. It's a system wide setting.

Best Jan

rpitcairn

Post by rpitcairn »

Thanks for the reply. My settings in System Prefs is to remember the last 10 openings. Been that way for years.

dinojrx

Post by dinojrx »

Strange. Sorry, I don't have any further idea. I just tried and AP showed the last edited files. I changed the behavior in system settings and the files were gone. Changed it again and AP showed the now opened file correctly.

craig

Post by craig »

The general list of recent items is in ~user/Library/Preferences/com.apple.recentitems.plist . This should have the settings from the System Preferences (assuming it is not corrupted). There is also an application specific list of recent documents. I have Amadeus Pro 1.5.5 and the file name is (also in Preferences) com.HairerSoft.AmadeusPro.LSSharedFileList.plist. Probably the same or something similar for your version. I would look at the file, make sure it does not have anything important, move it to the trash, reopen Amadeus and see if a new (non corrupt) file is created. I looked into this issue at some point in the past but don't remember anymore if there is a place to set the application specific # of recent documents (other than setting it manually in the file). Or you could wait till Martin chimes in with a non (semi) wild guess answer.

On Nov 19, 2014, at 11:43 AM, rpitcairn <forum2mail@hairersoft.com> wrote:
Thanks for the reply. My settings in System Prefs is to remember the last 10 openings. Been that way for years.

Amadeus forum mailing list
Unsubscribe / change settings at http://two.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/forum_list