Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

importing 24 bit raw data

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wortel30

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: importing 24 bit raw data Reply with quote

I have not managed to get the importing of 3 byte words from a raw file to work properly. There is no problem with 2 byte words either LE or BE, mono or stereo. We are wondering whether where should be a 31 bit (integer)
version. We have tried various byte orders, bit shifting and other operations, so far without success. What am I missing?

Thank you for any hints.

Keith Adams
wortel30

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:24 am    Post subject: 24 bits raw Reply with quote

I have now solved the problem. The silly mistake was not realizing that when an extra byte is added, Amadeus automatically scales the display to cope with the extra magnitude of 8 bits. This amounts to 20*log10(2^Cool which is 48.16 dB. The result is that whereas a 2 byte signal is readily visible, a 3 byte can appear to be a zero signal. Amplifying the display of the 3 byte signal by 48.16 dB will then produce the same display as that of the 2 byte signal.
Fiddling with byte order or individual bits produces garbage.

I hope that nobody else copies the mistake that I made. All hail to Amadeus!!

wortel30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: