Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soundsoap 3 compatibility with AP

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2stepbay

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Soundsoap 3 compatibility with AP Reply with quote

Bias recently sold the rights to SoundSoap. New version out is Soundsoap 3 - http://www.soundness-llc.com/soundsoap3.html Is this compatible with Amadeus Pro 2.1.3? And if it is, how would it be accessed within Amadeus?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Last edited by 2stepbay on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
2stepbay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone?
rfwilmut

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundSoap comes as both VST and Audio Unit plugins as well as a standalone application. When installed according to the bundled instructions it will be accessible in Amadeus from menu Effects>Audio Units or Effects>VST Effects as applicable, where it will work in the same way as plugins such as the AUGraphicEQ etc.

The plugins work in 10.6 and above (32 and 64 bit); the standalone application requires 10.9.
2stepbay

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

To Martin: Sound Soap's effectiveness, when cleaning background hiss etc., depends on a looping of a particular section of the sound file. This gives the app an adequate amount of time to decipher the sound quality of that section. Does Amadeus allow for "looping" of a highlighted section of the sound track? If not, I'd like to recommend this feature be added in a future update.
rfwilmut

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a 'Loop playback' checkbox at bottom left of the window, but unfortunately this does not apply when previewing an Audio Unit. I don't know whether SoundSoap can be made to act any differently.
2stepbay

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification. I'll contact the developers.
mudhen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Amadeus Pro 2.1.5 running on OS 10.6.8. I have installed SoundSoap 3.0.1. The plug-in appears in the HD library as expected, but does not appear in the Amadeus Pro menu, even when I switch to 32-bit mode.

Any ideas?
Ray Foret Jr

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Soundsoap 3 compatibility with AP Reply with quote

I tried Sound soap back before 64 bit and found it worse than useless with Voice Over.

Best thing I ever did was to get RX. Although, nowadays, they've gone and changed that in the new version so it's not as usable as it once was.

Sent from my Mac, the only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in!

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray, still a very happy Mac and Iphone 5 user!

On Mar 25, 2014, at 5:27 PM, mudhen <forum2mail@hairersoft.com> wrote:

Quote:
I have Amadeus Pro 2.1.5 running on OS 10.6.8. I have installed SoundSoap 3.0.1. The plug-in appears in the HD library as expected, but does not appear in the Amadeus Pro menu, even when I switch to 32-bit mode.

Any ideas?

mudhen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: SOundsoap 3 compatibility with AP Reply with quote

The Soundness Support people sent me a link to reinstall SoundSoap. The plug-in now appears in the menu. Problem solved!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: