Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple markers work for indexing on CD's. How about wav?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
supercell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Multiple markers work for indexing on CD's. How about wav? Reply with quote

Hello,

I am able to create markers (I believe this is the same thing as indexing) on Amadeus Pro 2.1.3 for my 14 song concept album (one large 70+ min .wav) As a result, I can jump from song to song on my freshly burned CD. Very cool.

My 14 song concept album is connected with filler between songs (think Pink Floyd "The Wall".) Again, I can jump from song to song on a CD burned from Amadeus just fine.

WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO DO:

I would like to be able to import my 14 song concept .wav to my iPod. I would like to skip from song to song the same way I do on a CD. I realize that I could simply break the single .wav into 14 individual .wav files, however, I would like to keep the filler between songs break free for editing reasons.

ISSUE:

I cannot jump from song to song on the single .wav even with the markers added. Again, this same .wav works just fine on a burned CD from Amadeus 2.1.3.

Please let me know if this is even possible. If not I will just break the songs up with chopped filler in between.

Thanks!
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Multiple markers work for indexing on CD's. How about wav? Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I do not think that the iPod recognises markers but I am not 100% sure. Have you tried using AIFF instead of WAVE, since this is generally better supported? In particular, QuickTime Player *does* actually support markers in AIFF files.
Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

supercell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try aiff. Thank you! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: