Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

grouping tracks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tokyotony

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:10 am    Post subject: grouping tracks Reply with quote

Is there a way to group tracks together so that if I move one, the other moves the same distance. If I cut and paste one part of one track, it cuts and pastes the same section of the other track.

Thanks.
JEGG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: grouping tracks Reply with quote

tokyotony wrote:
Is there a way to group tracks together so that if I move one, the other moves the same distance. If I cut and paste one part of one track, it cuts and pastes the same section of the other track.

Thanks.

Hi-I'm not expert at this, but I've found there are usually several ways to get the job done.

Here are just a few ideas to get you going.

1.First, always be aware of the implications of having "smart edit" turned on or off. Otherwise, things may inadvertently get slightly out of sync.

2. Use markers-which are global-to allow you to make exactly the same selections in each track. Place another marker for where you need things to go. Move the insertion point to the marker and choose your pasting option (paste, paste over, paste to new track). That's pretty much it!

Other considerations for more complicated things:

You can get identical selections of all your multi-tracks using "Split by Marker." There is also a global crop function. To add these files to something already in progress, drag tracks or selections or tracks one at a time. It goes by quickly because you can just drag them-rather than having to select "Copy" and then "Paste." (6 tracks can't be pasted on/after 6 other tracks in one operation-unless someone tells us differently! It's one track at a time.)

If you're doing quick assembly sorts of edits, note there is a "Delete in All Tracks" item in the edit menue. You might want smart edits turned on for something like that.

'Hope some of this helps, and that others have corrections or some more efficient ways to get things done.

Enjoy AP!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: