CD Mastering prior to replicating

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Stevejohn

CD Mastering prior to replicating

Post by Stevejohn »

I gave up on Sony Soundforge and Architect after moving to MAC and having it die using VMware. I was able to master CD's for replicating. 2 sec delay for starting, marking tracks etc.

I've searched for previous posts and can't find any reference to CD mastering with Amadeus Pro. I couldn't insert the 2 sec delay required. I believe I have my tracks set correctly, but don't have the correct CD lookup fields entered. Any resources you can point me to for the above?

Also, it didn't normalize as I'm used to. I haven't searched that topic yet though.

Thanks,

Sj
SJ

JEGG

Post by JEGG »

In the pop up burn dialogue of AP, there is a box in which to enter "gaps," along with "Consider all Markers."

Never having had to insert a gap, I don't know if "gap" is coded so that a CD player would display a "pause mark."

In the same pop up, you may find the other items you may be looking for.

AP doesn't really have a separate section for burning or mastering where tracks are placed, fades (if wanted) are applied, along with gaps, etc.

Rather it is done on the fly. Which is why it can be a much faster way of knocking out a CD-it just depends on the nature of your project and your work habits.

You are probably already of the "Join Files" under the Sound menue? Again, a very quick way to throw things together. Track markers, etc. can then be adjusted by simply dragging, if wanted, on the fly.

BTW, SoundForge is now available for Mac, but SoundForge fans are waiting for later versions which incorporate missing but required features.

If you want a "mastering" section where tracks are placed, and fades are done, try dsp-Quattro. I mention this product because it doesn't really compete with AP-each has a feature set that is quite different, and Quattro doesn't do multi-track. But the two complement each other nicely, and I have and use both. Quattro also brings along dither, which AP doesn't have. And it does DDP.

You might find it surprising that while having apps with "mastering" sections, I prefer most often to put together a CD with AP!

Stevejohn

Mastering

Post by Stevejohn »

Excellent reply.

Thank you.

SJ
SJ