Recording stops on OS activities (MBA, OS 10.8.2)

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

treefrog

Post by treefrog »

There is a reproducible problem when recording and the computer engages in some housekeeping work:

I have a MacBook Air 2012 with mountain lion OS 10.8.2. While recording with Amadeus Pro v. 2.1 on battery power and I connect the power cable during the recording process, the input to Amadeus pauses ("-infinity" on the recording) and resumes a second or so later. This is associated with some electronic artifacts. The same issue occurs with other system activities.

It seems to be a problem in the OS or the hardware, but could Amadeus do something to stop this unpeasant behaviour?

treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Sorry for insisting as the problem continues:

I should have written the recoding "mutes" to zero input for a second or so when there is some computer related activity such as waking up the screen, plugging or unplugging power cables etc during recording sessions. There are also electronic artifacts after the muting of the recording.

Something like this never occurred with my earlier MacBook Pro and OS 10.6.8. Only now with the new MB Air 2012 and OS Mountain Lion.

I am actually surprised nobody else with the same setup noticed this behaviour.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Do you also have the same behaviour when using other software to perform the recording? If yes (which I suspect), then it is a hardware-related issue. You might want to ask your local Apple store whether it is considered normal behaviour. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

bella9091

Post by bella9091 »

Everyone who likes to record audio will someday encounter this echo
problem. Audio software can do a lot, but not remove an already
recorded echo. An awkward situation, but hey most of us have learned
to live with it.
Bella