Extending selection when dragging

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

thedextercast

Post by thedextercast »

I am running Amadeus Pro 2.08 on Mountain Lion. It used to be that I could drag to the left or right edge and the selection would keep expanding, but now it stops at the edge of the screen. Continuous scrolling during playback works, it is only when extending a selection that it stops. This has worked with this version of the OS and Amadeus Pro before. I had messed up an edit so badly that I decided to exit the program without saving and work from the old version of the file, but the same behavior is now true on all files, including ones created earlier. Is there a setting that I have somehow triggered? Thanks.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Strange… Have you tried trashing the prefs? (com.HairerSoft.AmadeusPro.plist in Library/Preferences) Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

thedextercast

Post by thedextercast »

Thanks for the quick reply, Martin. Well. the good news is that deleting the preference file does indeed fix the dragging behavior. The problem is that I still can't use it. When I delete the preference file, Amadeus Pro tells me that it is an unregistered version and that my 30 day trial period is up, and features like file save won't work.

I originally got Amadeus Pro as part pf a bundle a long time ago (2007?, it's a guess, maybe even 2006?). I paid for the upgrade to 2.0 directly. I do not have the Mac App Store version, so it isn't as simple as deleting and reinstalling. I did find my order number for the upgrade and my 2.0 serial number, but when I key that in, it tells me that it is only valid as an upgrade from 1.x (fair enough, but I have no clue as to what my 1.x serial was any more).

As a stopgap, I dragged the old preferences file out of the trash to Library and now Amadeus Pro works again but the dragging behavior problem is back. How should I proceed?

thedextercast

Post by thedextercast »

I was able to find the email from 2007 with my original serial number from the bundle, so I was able to trash the preferences file and still have Amadeus Pro work.