Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AP crashes while working with multi-track projects

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alansilv

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: AP crashes while working with multi-track projects Reply with quote

For a few weeks now I've been experiencing sporadic - but frequent - crashes while working with a multi-track project in Amadeus Pro, something I've done with no problem for years now. It seems to occur most often when I'm sliding a file around to sync it with the other tracks, but sometimes it happens while I'm drawing in a gain envelope …or sometimes with no warning at all. The spinning beachball is my cue and after a few seconds the program goes down. I get the "send this info to Hairersoft" window, which I've done several times now. Since there's no auto-save, I've been forced into the habit of doing a save after every change - probably not a bad practice, but it doubles my production time on the project …and sometimes the crash occurs while saving. Anybody else experiencing this issue? Or am I just lucky?

Amadeus Pro v2.0.8 (1484)
Mac OS 10.7.4
4G ram
2.53 GHz Mac Mini

Audio files stored on and written to Seagate GoFlex 500 GB external drive (but the crashes also occur if I move all the files to my internal HD)

Thanks for any suggestions
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: AP crashes while working with multi-track projects Reply with quote

What about the version at

http://www.hairersoft.com/Downloads/AmadeusPro.zip ?

It does fix a problem that was caused by a change in one of the recent updates and which can cause sporadic crashes upon screen redraws. Regards,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

alansilv

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martin,

Downloaded that build and threw a couple of projects at it which had given me trouble before …and so far so good. I'll keep an eye on things, but I think that solves my mystery crashes. Thanks again for your quick response.

Best,

Alan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: