Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Repair center -- repair all, please!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IrlSmith

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Repair center -- repair all, please! Reply with quote

As I recall, there was a "repair all" function in the Repair Center under Amadeus II. I can't find this in AP (1.5.4) and I expect it was eliminated because you believe it's better to have the user apply some judgement before actually accepting a repair. However, if I set the threshold right (low sensitivity), I'd like to just charge ahead and do the whole record; it's a pretty old vinyl and I don't have the patience to click through every found problem. Is there a way to do this (a batch file, maybe)? If not, would you consider adding back the "do the whole thing now and don't ask questions" functionality?
Sonic Purity

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Repair center -- repair all, please! Reply with quote

IrlSmith wrote:
As I recall, there was a "repair all" function in the Repair Center under Amadeus II. I can't find this in AP (1.5.4) and I expect it was eliminated because you believe it's better to have the user apply some judgement before actually accepting a repair. However, if I set the threshold right (low sensitivity), I'd like to just charge ahead and do the whole record; it's a pretty old vinyl and I don't have the patience to click through every found problem. Is there a way to do this (a batch file, maybe)? If not, would you consider adding back the "do the whole thing now and don't ask questions" functionality?

Another option is to use ClickRepair. I switched to that awhile ago. I still like having the Repair Centre in Amadeus Pro, especially for hand-fixing things. Yet for bulk automated click and pop repairs, i'm finding ClickRepair superior. There are older threads on this topic here in this forum, with others weighing in with their thoughts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: