SAT-Radio Recordings

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

wahol

SAT-Radio Recordings

Post by wahol »

Hi,

as Sattelit-Radio comes up with interesting material I'm, gonna trying to figure out the way to get best quality recordings. Most programs are in .mp2 format resp. they are contained as mp2 in transport streams with 48khz/320 to 384kb/s at its best. Those streams can be opened with Amadeus.
Q1) now is: Should I cut radio-speakers pro- and epilogs from music directly in mp2 format or should I convert before to WAVE/AIFF?
Q2) As the digital music comes already in reduced format (320-384 kb/s), shoud I protect this bitrate with .mp3 or FLAC etc. or is it better to convert to higher ones (f.i. implicitely with aiff/wav) when going to archive it for listening?
Means, will there be a loss of quality when I'm storing in mp3 or FLAC with 320-384kb/s? Or should I let it be in .mp2?
Q3) What should I do with AC3-formatted streams as they are part of music tv-film materials?
Q4)How do you process SAT-Radio streams?

Reg Walter

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

SAT-Radio Recordings

Post by Martin Hairer »

Q1) now is: Should I cut radio-speakers pro- and epilogs from music directly in mp2 format or should I convert before to WAVE/AIFF?
It makes no difference, Amadeus Pro decodes any file for editing anyway.
Q2) As the digital music comes already in reduced format (320-384 kb/s), shoud I protect this bitrate with .mp3 or FLAC etc. or is it better to convert to higher ones (f.i. implicitely with aiff/wav) when going to archive it for listening?
Means, will there be a loss of quality when I'm storing in mp3 or FLAC with 320-384kb/s? Or should I let it be in .mp2?
In any case, there will be a loss of quality when reencoding, yes. FLAC is lossless,
so this is like storing the decompressed data.
Q3) What should I do with AC3-formatted streams as they are part of music tv-film materials?
You can use the free tool ffmpeg to convert these to AIFF / WAVE / etc.
Q4)How do you process SAT-Radio streams?
Can't help you there, sorry.... Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/