Bluetooth to operate amadeus pro

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

larryhorton

Bluetooth to operate amadeus pro

Post by larryhorton »

I've been using Amadeus Pro for several years now to record cassette taped seminars for use on iPhone/iPod.

I practice Oriental medicine, and I just realized that recording audio for specific moments during patient visits and interviews would be immensely helpful to everyone. All patient notes are taken on practice software we designed for our office, so the MacBooks are always present. Such recordings could be stored in the patient's record, as well as emailed to them to remind them of something we spoke about.

In order to use Amadeus in an efficient manner, I'm trying to figure out a way that I can start to record no matter where I am in the room. An Amadeus file would, of course, need to be open and waiting. Is there a bluetooth device that could be used to start recording? Preferably something which would pick up audio as well?

I'm using a 13" MacBook Pro 2.53 GHz Core 2 Duo with 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, running 10.6.4.

Thanks very much for any suggestions anyone may have which might lead to accomplishing this task!

Larry Horton

rfwilmut

Post by rfwilmut »

An ordinary BlueTooth keyboard can be used to control Amadeus - once set to go, just hit the space bar to start the recording, again to pause it or return to stop it. I don't think you'll find any wireless device which is both a microphone and a control unit.