Feature requests

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

sjakob

Feature requests

Post by sjakob »

I've found Amadeus Pro to be one of the easiest audio editors to use, but have a few suggestions that I feel would make it even easier:

1) Commands to move insertion point to previous/next marker, with associated keyboard shortcuts (perhaps shift + command + left/right arrow).

2) When using the "Mark Selection" command, the new markers appear to be labelled the same as the last marker in the list. I'd much prefer that they just say something like "Start" and "End" since I'm usually marking a section for editing, and the label is rarely the same as the last marker.

3) Ability for user to pre-define markers (name and colour) that could be selected from a picklist in the marker details window or by right-clicking in the marker area above the waveform window. I often find myself adding markers with similar labels/colours (eg. Clunk, Lip smack, Long pause, etc) when editing. It would be much quicker to have them pre-defined and selectable.

Thanks for a great product.

Gerard Bik

Feature requests

Post by Gerard Bik »

AmadeusPro might be better than you already know.

I've found Amadeus Pro to be one of the easiest audio editors to use, but have a few suggestions that I feel would make it even easier:

1) Commands to move insertion point to previous/next marker, with associated keyboard shortcuts (perhaps shift + command + left/right arrow).
Try option arrow

2) When using the "Mark Selection" command, the new markers appear to be labelled the same as the last marker in the list. I'd much prefer that they just say something like "Start" and "End" since I'm usually marking a section for editing, and the label is rarely the same as the last marker.
Clicking inside the white Marker bar brings up the Marker dialog, ready to edit.
Hitting M places a marker with incremental numbering

3) Ability for user to pre-define markers (name and colour) that could be selected from a picklist in the marker details window or by right-clicking in the marker area above the waveform window. I often find myself adding markers with similar labels/colours (eg. Clunk, Lip smack, Long pause, etc) when editing. It would be much quicker to have them pre-defined and selectable.
This might be a convenient extra.

--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Feature requests

Post by Martin Hairer »

Try option arrow
Actually, that would be command-arrow.
That sounds like a nice idea, thanks ;-) Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

sjakob

Re: Feature requests

Post by sjakob »

Martin Hairer wrote:
Try option arrow
Actually, that would be command-arrow.
Actually, it is option-arrow (aka alt-arrow). Command-arrow extends the selection. Unfortunately I already had the option arrow keys defined for use with Spaces. Also, I didn't realize these commands were available since they don't have corresponding menu entries.

sjakob

Re: Feature requests

Post by sjakob »

GerardBik wrote:
Clicking inside the white Marker bar brings up the Marker dialog, ready to edit.
Clicking in the marker bar removes the selection and moves the insertion point. How does that help me mark a selection?
When there is a selection defined the M key appears to work the same as the Mark Selection command. If the previous marker has a text name, the new markers have the same name.

Gerard Bik

Feature requests

Post by Gerard Bik »

GerardBik wrote:
Clicking in the marker bar removes the selection and moves the insertion point. How does that help me mark a selection?
When there is a selection defined the M key appears to work the same as the Mark Selection command. If the previous marker has a text name, the new markers have the same name.
You are right about the selection being removed, I work the other way round: first placing markers and selecting between them afterwards.
GB

--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081