Inserting silence / converting selection to silence

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Guntis

Post by Guntis »

Hi,
Is there some more intelligent way how to insert silence at the end of the recording, or convert selected area into silence? -- currently I select portion of recording and then 20 times press "Fade In" button, then 20 times press "Fade Out" button. I cannot find something like "Insert Silence…" or "Convert to Silence" commands in the Edit (and Effects) menus. It's the basics in audio editing, necessary for almost every audio track, but somehow I cannot find it in Pro application… :-(
PC is consumer stuff for me. Like a coffee machine - it does it’s job. But Mac - Mac is love, it’s like a Porsche - style, design and feeling of well spent money.

Ron Fleckner

Post by Ron Fleckner »

On 10/04/2009, at 7:31 PM, Guntis wrote:
Hi,
Is there some more intelligent way how to insert silence at the end
of the recording, or convert selected area into silence? --
currently I select it and then 20 times press Fade In, then 20 times
press Fade Out. I cannot find something like Insert Silence
or Make silence commands in the menus.
Effects>Generate Silence...

Gerard Bik

Post by Gerard Bik »

Effects > Generate silence.

(I like the 20 x fade in solution: creative computing!)

regards

Hi,
Is there some more intelligent way how to insert silence at the end of the recording, or convert selected area into silence? -- currently I select it and then 20 times press Fade In, then 20 times press Fade Out. I cannot find something like Insert SilenceÖ or Make silence commands in the menus.

------------------------
PC is consumer stuff for me. Like a coffee machine - it does itís job. But Mac - Mac is love, itís like a Porsche - style, design and feeling of well spent money.
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

Guntis

Re: Inserting silence / converting selection to silence

Post by Guntis »

Ron Fleckner wrote: Effects>Generate Silence...
Hmmm, really interesting approach. I searched Help how to insert silence, but there was no information about it there. Somehow it never dawned to me that silence can be effect, and should be generated. At least for me logical place for this command was Edit menu. Anyway, thank you! :-)
PC is consumer stuff for me. Like a coffee machine - it does it’s job. But Mac - Mac is love, it’s like a Porsche - style, design and feeling of well spent money.