Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amadeus Pro 101

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tttt4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Amadeus Pro 101 Reply with quote

I'm trying to bring tunes into Amadeus from my cassette tape deck with no results. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. The tape deck is plugged into the input audio port of my G5 Powermac (os 10.5.6) from the phones port on the tape deck. Should I have an amplifier hooked up with the tape deck? And would I be able to monitor the tunes from my computer speakers as Amadeus is recording? Thanks for your guidance. Question
Gerard Bik

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Amadeus Pro 101 Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm trying to bring tunes into Amadeus from my cassette tape deck with no results. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. The tape deck is plugged into the input audio port of my G5 Powermac (os 10.5.6) from the phones port on the tape deck. Should I have an amplifier hooked up with the tape deck? And would I be able to monitor the tunes from my computer speakers as Amadeus is recording? Thanks for your guidance. [Question]

The line output of the tape deck should be better suited. Does it have a line out?
The fastest way to pinpoint problems like this, is to check each part independently.
Can you record from other sources?

regards
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081
tttt4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Amadeus Pro 101 Reply with quote

GerardBik wrote:
Quote:
I'm trying to bring tunes into Amadeus from my cassette tape deck with no results. Obviously I'm doing something wrong. The tape deck is plugged into the input audio port of my G5 Powermac (os 10.5.6) from the phones port on the tape deck. Should I have an amplifier hooked up with the tape deck? And would I be able to monitor the tunes from my computer speakers as Amadeus is recording? Thanks for your guidance. [Question]

The line output of the tape deck should be better suited. Does it have a line out?
The fastest way to pinpoint problems like this, is to check each part independently.
Can you record from other sources?

regards
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081

I have with success recorded music cd's into the itunes program. This is my first attempt at recording from analog sources. I did connect my head phones into the tape decks out port to see if that might be a problem but it was not. Do you think I might need to purchase a device that converts analog audio to digital?
Gerard Bik

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your G5 has built-in AD converters (audio Analog to Digital).
The Mac's audio port expects a "line" level signal. Your tape deck should have a "line" audio output. Connect these two with a suitable cable.
Headphone outputs have different specifications.

The recording dialog of APro has a "Playthrough" checkbox to direct the input to the speakers.

When you are new to audio recording I suggest you look around the internet for a beginners course. There are plenty.
And read the AmadeusPro documentation.

succes
gerard
tttt4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GerardBik wrote:
Your G5 has built-in AD converters (audio Analog to Digital).
The Mac's audio port expects a "line" level signal. Your tape deck should have a "line" audio output. Connect these two with a suitable cable.
Headphone outputs have different specifications.

The recording dialog of APro has a "Playthrough" checkbox to direct the input to the speakers.

When you are new to audio recording I suggest you look around the internet for a beginners course. There are plenty.
And read the AmadeusPro documentation.

succes
gerard

I didn't get to the Amadeus Manual yet, but I did scan the mac manual and discovered I had the audio cable connected to the audio output instead of the input port at the rear of the mac, duh.
Gerard Bik

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Laughing
This discovery marks the beginning of your career into professional audio editing.

keep going in this direction Arrow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: