Inadvertently recording stereo as mono

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

Anglo

Post by Anglo »

I have only just started using Amadeus; apologies for stupid newbie questions.

I just recorded a stereo CD and when I stopped and opened the Amadeus file, all I had was a mono track. Could I have inadvertently changed some setting on record? What might have led to this?

Thanks.

rfwilmut

Post by rfwilmut »

I assume we are talking about Amadeus Pro? On command-N, Amadeus opens a new file as stereo or mono dependent on what your last recording was. You can change it from the 'Sound' menu - 'Convert track to mono' or 'Convert track to stereo'.

You can tell which mode you are in by looking in the toolbar for the 'Split stereo file' icon (a stereo track being split apart) which will be greyed out if you are in mono.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

I just recorded a stereo CD
No need to record. Juts put the CD into your computer and open the
tracks with Amadeus. They just appear as regular sound files. Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

Anglo

Post by Anglo »

Thank you, rfwilmut. yes, Amadeus Pro. I think that's what it was, and I must have hit that menu item somewhere along the line, or the keyboard short cut if there is one. - but I hadn't realized till the end of the recording that I'd recorded the whole thing in mono. Too late then to do anything except change the setting and start again.

Sorry Martin, I meant to say record an LP (for conversion to CD).