Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Song Names on CD

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ckahrl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Song Names on CD Reply with quote

For the life of me, I cannot get my marker labels to go to the song breaks in the CDs. I have tried different options in the burn window.
Must I rename the markers with a different naming convention?

In the burn window it has three blanks for Title, performer and Composer. This makes no sense. Where do these go? no matter what I put in these windows nothing appears on the CD.

My CDs come out and say: AUDIO CD and each song is labeled: track 1, track 2 and so forth.

I have tried sending the file to Toast, the markers disappear, Must it be an Amadeus file format? I have used AIFF.
solefald

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the track names would not usually show up in a media player. Most of them immediately query CDDB and ignore the CD-TEXT.

But CD-TEXT does work in car cd players, home stereo components and DJ CD players.

i name my markers like

01. Artist - Track Name
02. Artist - Track Name (Remix)

and so on. When i burn, i tell Amadeus to use marker as a Track name, because some CD players get confused with Title and Artist fields. My old Alpine car stereo can not read Artist field at all...

hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: