Mailing ListMailing List   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Simultaneously editing multiple tracks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jbmelby

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Simultaneously editing multiple tracks Reply with quote

This question may already have been answered many times, but if so, I haven't hit upon the right combination of search keywords. So please accept my apologies if this is redundant.

I have an eight-channel WAV file that I can open with no problems in Amadeus Pro. However, what I want to do is to adjust levels using the ramp function under "amplify" on all eight tracks simultaneously. But I can't seem to figure out how to select the same region in all eight tracks. Is there a way to do this, or do I have to edit each track individually? There is a "delete in all tracks" option under Edit, but there doesn't seem to be an intuitively obvious analog for selecting regions for other operations, and I can't find anything about it in the manual.

Is this a feature that doesn't exist in Amadeus Pro, or have I just not hit upon it yet?
Gerard Bik

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Simultaneously editing multiple tracks Reply with quote

Quote:
This question may already have been answered many times, but if so, I haven't hit upon the right combination of search keywords. So please accept my apologies if this is redundant.

I have an eight-channel WAV file that I can open with no problems in Amadeus Pro. However, what I want to do is to adjust levels using the ramp function under "amplify" on all eight tracks simultaneously. But I can't seem to figure out how to select the same region in all eight tracks. Is there a way to do this, or do I have to edit each track individually? There is a "delete in all tracks" option under Edit, but there doesn't seem to be an intuitively obvious analog for selecting regions for other operations, and I can't find anything about it in the manual.

Is this a feature that doesn't exist in Amadeus Pro, or have I just not hit upon it yet?

You are right, unfortunately you cannot (yet?) select all tracks together. But you can use markers to help you.
Select the part to work on, then put markers around it automatically with "Selection>Mark selection". The markers make it easy to precisely select and process the same section in each channel.
The quickest way to select the part between markers is with cmd-arrow left and cmd-arrow right.

regards
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081
Martin Hairer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Simultaneously editing multiple tracks Reply with quote

Quote:
You are right, unfortunately you cannot (yet?) select all tracks
together.

Actually, the "Selection" menu has a "Sync all tracks selections" item
which makes sure that the same interval is selected in all tracks...
Regards,

Martin

HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

jbmelby

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Simultaneously editing multiple tracks Reply with quote

Martin Hairer wrote:
Quote:
You are right, unfortunately you cannot (yet?) select all tracks
together.

Actually, the "Selection" menu has a "Sync all tracks selections" item
which makes sure that the same interval is selected in all tracks...

I realize that, and I have noticed that the "Sync all tracks selections" item encloses the corresponding selection in all tracks within yellow selection lines. But because the actual highlighted area occurs in only one track, it's not clear to me whether the editing operation is applied to all tracks simultaneously or whether the operation must be separately performed on each track. If the latter is the case, then I would like to request the addition of the option to have the operation simultaneously performed on all tracks in a future version of Amadeus Pro.
Gerard Bik

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Simultaneously editing multiple tracks Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
You are right, unfortunately you cannot (yet?) select all tracks together.

Actually, the "Selection" menu has a "Sync all tracks selections" item which makes sure that the same interval is selected in all tracks... Regards,

Martin

That's even better Smile . You make me feel old-fashioned Wink
regards
--
______________________ _
Gerard Bik grafische vormgeving
Van Aerssenstraat 263
2582 JM Den Haag
070 3554081
jbmelby

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I just tried it, and I see how it works. Each track is operated on separately, but it's very easy to do. Still, I think my feature request would be handy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.hairersoft.com Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: