Feature Request: Recording while playing back other tracks

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

MrTriscuits

Feature Request: Recording while playing back other tracks

Post by MrTriscuits »

This is a really great OS X audio program. Well-designed and implemented, congratulations!

Since the application allows multiple simultaneous tracks, it would be great if you could record / punch-in on the selected track while monitoring other tracks.

This would extend the usefulness of Amadeus Pro into the realm of other multitrack DAW software (most of which is seriously feature overloaded, complicated and non-intuitive -- not to mention expensive!)

Recording should simply replace any existing material on the track occurring during the recording period, like a tape deck (remember those?)

I would like to see a record button added to the "Playback Controller" window's transport controls, along with input level meters. As it stands now, initiating recording brings up a modal dialog unique to the recording function.

(BTW, I did notice that it's possible to start playback of all tracks, then bring up the recording dialog. But that's pretty clumsy for standard overdubbing and I'm not sure of the sample sync accuracy.)

I have other ideas for smaller feature tweaks that I can suggest as additional topics of their own.

Thanks again for such an intelligent and useful program!

MrTriscuits