Multi Track Splitting and id3 tags

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

benevision

Re: HSNameTracks hidden preference

Post by benevision »

benevision wrote: I have the same error!
But I don't have PlistEdit Pro to fix it.
I can't split to markers anymore.
Any suggestions?

(I'm using OS 10.4.11/Amadeus Pro 1.2.1)
OK, version 1.3 B6 is working for me now.
Sorry, I should have tried that before posting...

One question about the auto-numbering for mp3 files generated from "Split to Markers" command:
The track number tags are generated correctly, but is there a way to prevent the track number from occurring as a prefix in the Track Title tag as well?
It's just one more piece of data that needs to be manually edited...

Tristan

Re: HSNameTracks hidden preference

Post by Tristan »

I can confirm that Amadeus Pro 1.3 beta 6 fixes the problem whereby adding the hidden "HSNameTracks" preference could mess up the "Split According to Markers" function. However, the recent beta releases may not be entirely stable for everyone; they crash a lot on my system and Martin is working to resolve this. [Update: Martin has pinpointed the issue that was causing recent beta versions to crash on my system, and he has stomped out that bug as of version 1.3 b8.]

So for anyone still getting an error message when you try to Split According to Markers, if you prefer to stick with 1.2.1, here are 2 possible fixes:

1) If you have PlistEdit Pro (shareware) or another property list editor, open ~/Library/Preferences/com.HairerSoft.AmadeusPro.plist and find the property "HSNameTracks." Delete it. Save the plist file.

2) Open ~/Library/Preferences/com.HairerSoft.AmadeusPro.plist using TextWrangler (freeware) or another text editor capable of handling XML files. Back up the file, then find the following two lines and carefully delete:

<key>HSNameTracks</key>
<string>1</string>

Of course, the 1 may be a 0, if that's the last value you gave it.

Tristan