Preferences corrupted after install of 2.4.2 update

Discussion forum for Amadeus users

Moderator: Martin Hairer

RRettke

Post by RRettke »

Hi Martin,

After installing the 2.4.2 update, weird things began happening, especially with the waveform display and editing tools. I have captured a video to show you but before I sent it, I was looking through the forum and found a post where you recommended trashing the preferences file and gave instruction to Neil as to how to do that. I decided to do that also. Doing so appears to have cleaned up the anomalies I was experiencing, but it was a brief test. If I run into any re-appearing I will let you know, but for now it appears that the install of the update somehow corrupted the preferences plist and it seemed to get worse over time. So all is well at this time, but I wanted you to know, since it appears at least 2 of us have had preferences anomalies after installing 2.4.2.

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

Hi, do you happen to have a backup copy of the corrupted prefs file by any chance? If I could reproduce this issue, I might be able to provide a fix (or at least prevent it from happening again in the future). Thanks,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/

RRettke

Post by RRettke »

Yes, I do have a backup of the corrupted preferences (just pulled it from the trash, where I had carefully placed it.)

Whats the best way to get this to you?

RRettke

Post by RRettke »

Actually Martin, the problems are re-appearing after creating the new preferences.

Both Display and insertion point issues. I would be happy to document these and take some screen capture videos - but right now I am under the gun to get a bunch of CD's edited and off to our production facility.

I am going to see if I can install the previous version from a backup so I can get this done today. If that goes well, then I re-install 2.4.2 and see if I can't document what is going on, but right now it is keeping me from getting my work done.

RRettke

Post by RRettke »

It took me a lot of messing around to go bak to 2.3.1. I ended up trashing 2.4.2 and all the associated files and installing from scratch. Even then 2.3.1 seemed weird but eventually I realized that all my prefs had changed and that was causing me consternation. I eventually got them set back to where I wanted and was able to complete my tasks.

I then thought, what the hey, lets try just installing 2.4.2 as designed and see what happens. So I simply re-downloaded 2.4.2 and dropped it in the app folder and so far, things appear to be ok. I am, to say the least baffled. I will continue to run 2.4.2 and see if it degrades to the strangeness I encountered yesterday.

I do have the "corrupted" prefs file, although at this point I am uncertain about it's corruption. I also have a video of the incredible vibrating display I encountered which began this whole fiasco.

Just so you know, I did reboot my iMac before I ever reported any issue, and the problem persisted after the reboot. Now, having totally purged everything associated with Amadeus Pro and reinstalling 2.3.1 and then 2.4.2 things seem ok. I will be doing a bunch more editing next week, perhaps a little before then, but should anything turn up I'll let you know, as of right now, it appears ok.

If you would like the prefs file and the video just let me know how to get them to you.

Thanks

Martin Hairer
Site Admin

Post by Martin Hairer »

If you would like the prefs file and the video just let me know how to get them to you.
That would be great, please send me the prefs file and a link to the video to martin@hairersoft.com. Thanks,

Martin

--
HairerSoft
http://www.hairersoft.com/